General Dentistryat Dentalcare Swindon
NHS and private dentistry available in Swindon
egular dental check-ups are at the heart of what we do. By monitoring you and your family regularly, we can maintain your long-term oral health. If any problems do arise, we can identify and treat them quickly. This preventative approach protects your long-term health and helps to avoid the need for any costly treatment.
We welcome NHS, Independent and private patients.
NHS dental patients
We are dedicated to the NHS and believe that dental care should be available for everyone. Most general treatments and any that are essential to your dental or general health are available on the NHS.
Independent dental patients
Our independent dental options provide affordable private options for our patients with dedicated appointments reserved just for you.
Private dental patients
Whether you choose to be a private patient, or you opt for private treatment such as cosmetic dentistry, you can be assured of the same high standard of care from our dedicated staff. We operate a transparent pricing policy.
Book your appointment for General Dentistry
General dentistry treatments available in Swindon
e.General dentistry includes any treatment that maintains your dental health. Here are some of the more common treatments that we offer at Dentalcare Swindon:
- Regular check-up. You should visit your dentist every 6 to 12 months to ensure that your teeth and mouth are healthy. This will also prevent any issues from arising such as tooth decay and gum disease. Your dentist will count your teeth and check to see if you’ve experienced any problems since your last visit. Your dentist will look for such things as tooth wear, build-up of plaque jaw joint problems, overcrowding, signs of gum disease or tooth decay.
- Fillings. If you have any cavities in your teeth you may need a filling to restore and protect your teeth. We offer the metal amalgam fillings or the popular white fillings which blend in with your natural teeth. If you opt for white fillings there will be cost as these are deemed to be a form of cosmetic dentistry.
- Root canal. When the blood or nerve supply to the tooth becomes infected, it can become painful. We remove all the infection from the root canal to prevent the spread of infection
- Dentures. We make dentures to fit you perfectly and these can either be for several or all missing teeth. We regularly check to ensure that your dentures fit well and are not causing any discomfort.
- Emergencies. Whatever your dental emergency, we will aim to see you within 24 hours of calling the surgery.
- Dental hygienist. You should see your dental hygienist twice a year. Our hygienists look at protecting the health of your gums as well as maintaining your oral health.
- Extractions. The removal of a tooth can occur because the health of the tooth is failing, or because it is part of a planned treatment such as dental implants or teeth straightening. Whatever the situation, your dentist will numb your gum and mouth with a local anaesthetic so that you cannot feel any pain at all.
- Crowns. If your tooth has weakened then a crown (or cap) may be used to support and protect the tooth structure underneath.
- Bridges. If you have missing teeth and a denture is not suitable, a bridge made of tooth shaped units is used to replace the missing teeth.