Your local NHS dentist in Swindon
At Dentalcare Swindon, we are passionate about the NHS and all that it stands for. We believe that that everyone is entitled to high quality dental care and for that reason we offer NHS dentistry. Our NHS patient list is currently full, hence we cannot accept new NHS patients.
NHS dental treatment includes anything that is needed to keep your teeth and gums healthy. For this reason, NHS services cover general check-ups and any treatment that is deemed necessary, but it will not cover cosmetic forms of dentistry such as adult braces, teeth whitening, veneers etc. If you are an NHS dental patient, you are of course welcome to pay for cosmetic dental treatments and we can offer finance plans to help with the cost.
Book your appointment for NHS Dentistry
The cost for NHS dental treatment in Swindon
NHS dentistry is one of the few NHS services where you are expected to pay a contribution towards the cost of your dental care.
The NHS have introduced 3 bands of NHS dental treatments:
This includes a regular dental check-up and will cover the costs of examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it will also include X-rays, a scale and polish and planning further treatment. The cost in this band also covers urgent or emergency treatment to help stop or reduce any pain that you are experiencing.
This covers everything mentioned in the first band of treatment, plus it will include treatment for fillings, root canal, periodontal care and the extractions of teeth.
Band 3 includes everything mentioned in band 1 and 2 treatment plus more complex dental treatments involving the construction of appliances such as dentures, crowns and bridges.
Patients entitled to free NHS dental treatment at Dentalcare Swindon
You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if you’re:
- Under 18 or under 19 and in full-time education
- Pregnant or have had a baby in the past 12 months
- Being treated in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist (you may still have to pay for dentures and bridges)
- Receiving low income benefits or you’re under 20 and a dependent of someone who is receiving low income benefits
You are entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you or your spouse receive:
- Income support
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Pension credit guarantee credit
- Universal credit and meet the criteria
You can also receive free NHS dental treatment if:
- You are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You are named on a valid HC2 certificate which is available for people on a low income