Dental Hygienistsat Dentalcare Swindon
Why make an appointment to see Dental Hygienists
Just like our dentists, our hygienists are devoted to looking after your long-term oral health. Hygienists differ in that they pay more attention to the health of your gums. It has been well researched that gum disease can not only affect the health of your teeth but has links to other diseases such as heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
We recommend that you see a hygienist twice a year. Your hygienist can help to prevent tooth decay, bleeding gums, heavily stained teeth and bad breath.
Different conditions that Dental Hygienists can treat
Dental hygienists treat various conditions including:
- Scaling and polishing teeth to remove plaque
- Treating and removing stains on your teeth. We offer Airflow polishing. Airflow works by using a fine jet of compressed air, water and fine powder particles to gently and effectively remove stains caused by coffee, red wine and tea from the front and back teeth. Learn more about this treatment below
- Identifying and treating gingivitis – red and inflamed gums and periodontitis which is when gums become further infected
- Administering antibacterial treatments which can be applied in the form of a gel to kill bacteria
- Giving advice on oral hygiene, brushing routines and diet to protect your teeth, gums and mouth
Our affordable hygiene plan
Our Hygiene Plan provides affordable, accessible hygiene appointments whether you are a patient with the NHS or a private patient:
Affordable Hygiene Plan
- 30 minute Hygiene appointments
- 2 per year
- 10% discount on Home Teeth Whitening Fees**
** Subject to suitability
Book your appointment for Dental Hygienists
Airflow Polish in Swindon
At Dentalcare Swindon, we are proud to the offer the latest solutions for teeth cleaning and polishing called Airflow Polish. This system combines water, air and sodium bicarbonate to gently but effectively remove stubborn stains from your teeth caused by food and drink such as coffee and red wine. Airflow leaves teeth looking cleaner and whiter to bring back the sparkle.
If you have sensitive teeth you will find that Airflow is more comfortable than the usual scale and polish because there is no direct contact with the teeth.
What dental hygienists at Swindon can offer you
Our dental hygienists will:
- Offer you personal support. Each patient is recognised as being unique and having individual needs. We make recommendations solely on what is right for you
- Welcome patients of all ages including children. We believe it is vital to educate and promote good oral health to all
- Offer flexible hygienist appointment times to suit you including early, late and weekend options.
Frequently asked questions about dental hygiene
What can I do to prevent gum disease?
Keeping a regular cleaning routine at home is essential as well as regularly visiting your dentist and hygienist. Your hygienist can talk to you about how to properly brush your teeth as well as flossing and taking care of your gums.
How often should I see the hygienist?
We recommend seeing your hygienist twice a year, but you may need more appointments if you have had extra dental work such as dental implants or if you’ve experienced tooth decay or gum disease.
Which type of toothpaste should I use to clean my teeth?
There are so many toothpastes available that it can be confusing. Some specialise in whitening and others aim to control the build-up of plaque. We recommend that you use a toothpaste that contains fluoride as it helps to prevent tooth decay, but your hygienist can give you more recommendations.