Invisalignat Dentalcare Swindon
Get beautiful, straight teeth with Invisalign
Invisalign braces are the latest form of dental braces. Made from a thin, flexible form of plastic, these clear braces work by sitting over the top of your teeth. They are so discreet that most people can’t tell that you’re having your teeth straightened making them invisible braces!
The other major difference with Invisalign braces compared to traditional fixed braces is that they are removable, so you can take them out to eat, drink and brush your teeth as well as for special occasions.
After your initial consultation, your teeth will be X-rayed and photographed to show in 3D images how your teeth look now and how they will change on a weekly basis until they have reached their correct position.
Your custom-made braces will then be made for you. These take the form of a series of clear aligners which you change on a weekly basis as your teeth gradually move. Your orthodontist will continue to monitor your teeth and your treatment approximately every 6 to 8 weeks.
The advantages of Invisalign braces in Swindon
Invisalign braces have plenty of benefits and your orthodontist at Dentalcare Swindon can discuss these and more about the process of Invisalign braces with you when you book an appointment.
- Invisalign braces are incredibly discreet. The clear, plastic braces sit over the top of your teeth so that they appear invisible to everyone else!
- Invisalign are suitable for all adult patients and can be used to correct most orthodontic issues including crooked, protruding or overcrowded teeth
- Treatment time is fast. Most patients have their teeth straightened within a matter of months
- These invisible braces are removable so you can take them out to eat, drink and brush your teeth. They can also be removed for special occasions like a wedding or big event
- With Invisalign you can keep your teeth and gums properly clean as you remove your braces to brush your teeth
- As you are given all of your aligners upfront, there is less need to visit your dentist for orthodontic appointments
- We offer affordable Invisalign braces with 0% interest and options to spread the cost.
Frequently asked questions about Invisalign
How long should I wear my clear braces for?
You should wear your Invisalign braces for a minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day, only taking them out to eat, drink and brush your teeth.
How often should I change my Invisalign braces?
Your dentist will clarify this for you, but usually the aligners are changed to the next one in the series every week. You need to change your aligners because your teeth are gradually moving, and the aligners will fit to the new position.
How do I clean my invisible braces?
You take the aligners out of your mouth and gently clean them with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
Do Invisalign braces hurt?
No, most people are surprised to find that these braces don’t hurt at all. Like anything else, it may take a little bit of getting used to. You may notice some pressure on your teeth when you first start wearing Invisalign braces, but this will soon wear off after a couple of days. You may notice that you salivate more than usual and that you may have a slight lisp. Again, this will all settle down in a few days as you get used to wearing your clear braces.